Traditional companies have faced the fact that more people are browsing the internet nowadays instead of opening the hot-off-the-press publication. Craigslist.org is one of the most viewed online postings for all kinds of advertised goods and services, even personal –and nasty– ads from dirty old men. There’s an organized quality to Craigslist ads so that you only have to read postings that you want to see. If you’re the advertiser, here is a step-by-step guide on how to post on Craigslist’s website.
- Make sure you have a working email address.
- On the homepage craigslist.org, select your post category for the city you’d want your ad to be seen. Then click on “post to classified”.
- A number of ad categories will appear: job offered, résumé/ job wanted, housing offered, housing wanted, and so on. Click on your purpose accordingly. Each category will display different guidelines and how to go through the posting. The “job offered” page will lead to a “Posting Guidelines for Jobs” page for which one has to click “I will abide by these guidelines” to proceed. For sale items will lead another set of category.
- Assuming you’ve clicked on “job offered” and agreed to abide the guidelines, this will then proceed to get the specific industry of the job. After which, Craigslist will be able to get the posting details on a user-friendly window where it asks for the Posting Title, Location, the advertiser’s email address, and finally the full job description.
- The compensation will be asked to which most advertisers simply state “to be discussed”. There are other pertinent information asked which you simply tick on the boxes for and then click the continue button.
- Some categories like the for sale section, one has the option to post photos. Just follow the simple instructions to upload the images. After which, you can clock “Done with Images”.
- Craigslist will then ask you to review the information that you’ve given. Check your email address and other details for an accurate advertisement. Once everything looks good, click “continue” once more and you will be told that “Further action is required.”
- Open your email and you will find a verification request from Craigslist. Click the confirmation link and you will be directed to the Craigslist site with the message: “Thank you for posting with us. We really appreciate it.” Your ad should be on craigslist in a short 15 minutes.