These days none of the smartphones and tablets is safe from viruses, malware and trojans. Moreover, hackers and intruders are getting smarter and creative day by day. This means that several viruses and malwares are being introduced in the market on daily basis. These intrusion mediums are very dangerous. They not only corrupt your device but also access and share your personal information illegally. According to Kaspersky Labs America, currently there are over fourteen hundred mobile based malware signatures. This article covers some of the ways of protecting your smartphone or tablets:
- Always install a good antivirus or firewall in your smart phone. These days there are many antiviruses that are available for free such as Lookout and Avast. These antiviruses are mainly made for android and windows based phones but they work on almost all operating systems.
- Do not opt for jailbreaking or rooting options. This makes your phone or tablet vulnerable and the hackers can easily target your phone. Therefore, the best strategy is to purchase those phones and tablets that are readily available in your country.
- Try to avoid opening email attachments on your smartphone. At times various desktop based malware are not detected by the mobile antivirus. Therefore, the best practice is to open trusted attachments only.
- One of the easiest ways of sending a virus on a phone is to send a text message with a malicious link. Therefore, do not open suspicious links from your text message.
- Before downloading any applications always read the permissions and check what kind of data your application will access. If you feel the app is not reliable enough then do not download or install it. This way you will be able to prevent unnecessary intrusion.