American buyers can book their Mercedes-Benz GLS 2017 in December as deliveries initiate from March 2016. As of yet, no information is released regarding Australian and UK markets. Furthermore, fuel efficiency, pricing and performance are still undetermined.
Mercedes-Benz GLS 2017 is in essence a revamped GL-Class model. As per the GL strategy, all Mercedes's vehicles including crossovers and SUVs initiate with GL-, followed by a letter, denoting the vehicle's size. S-class includes the largest vehicles in category.
Apart from that, little is revised in GLS model, with trimmed down headlights and bumpers resembling its smaller models and LED lights are normative in Mercedes vehicles. Owners of Mercedes GLS-550 can opt for sports version for an aggressive edge.
· Price: $64, 500
· Horsepower: 240-550
· Engine: 3.0 V6
Mercedes-Benz is all geared up with their engines slated to be incorporated into Mercedes-Benz GLS.
· GLS-350 BlueTEC is powered by V-6 diesel engine with turbo-boost, capable of producing 455 lbs-ft of torque and 240 horsepower.
· GLS-450 is equipped with V-6 turbo-engine, capable of producing 369 lb-ft of torque and 360 horsepower.
· GLS-550 is equipped with V-6 turbo engine, capable of producing 516 lb-ft of torque and 429 horsepower.
· The GLS-63 consists of factory-fitted V-8 turbo engine, producing 560 lb-ft of torque and 550 horsepower.
The GLS model consists of the following categories:
· The GLS-350d is equipped with a 3-liter 6-cylinder engine.
· The GLS-450 is powered a by gasoline 3-litre 6-cylinder engine
· GLS-550 is equipped with 4.7 liter turbocharged 8-cylinder engine.
Miscellaneous options consist of adaptive damping options along with selectable modes, air suspension and driving modes for personal preferences.
Mercedes-Benz GLS 2017 can be facilitated with Distronic Plus, Mercedes's own semi-autonomous cruise control system. It will operate at a predetermined speed before the driver takes control of the vehicle.
Mercedes-Benz has included subtle changes in its GL-class, updating various features from the 2013 version. The SUV class is now termed as GLS, depending upon the model of Mercedes in question. Mercedes-Benz GLS has an updated infotainment system, using trim materials and redesigned dashboard.
Mercedes GL class has been revamped for 21st century stylistic aesthetics. The infotainment screen has been redesigned into a floating tablet appearance, redefining Mercedes-Benz interiors. Furthermore, center console, instrumental panel and 3-spoke steering wheel have been redesigned. GLS models are normative with 3-rows of seats.
In tech section, GLS model is remodeled with ample options. Normative tech utilities include myriad of safety systems, such as collision warning, automatic braking system and attention assistance for preventing drowsiness during driving. In case of an emergency braking, the vehicle will apply extra pressure.
Added tech galore
At an extended price, the GLS model can be bumped with impressive tech options. For an extra price, blind spot monitoring, cross-traffic detection and active lane-keep assist can be incorporated. With Active Curve System, the body rolling during taking sharp corners is reduced. Magic Vision Control facilitates spray free cleaning of windshield.
· Optimum for long-drive
· Attention-grabbing interior
· Comfortable seating
· Large size is a hindrance in driving
· Added tech can be expensive
· Driving cost is high