Are you looking for a new digital SLR camera? Perhaps you are confused on which one to get because there are so many to choose from and they all have different features. The question is which one is the best? The answer depends on what you are looking for and perhaps you prefer one brand over another, but the following is a list of the top 10 digital SLRs under $500.
1. Canon Digital Rebel XSi has 12.2 megapixels which will ensure that you can print a poster-size picture and it will have great quality. It has a 3 inch LCD monitor, DIGIC III image processor; EOS integrated cleaning system, comes with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 lens, and stores images on SD/SDHC memory cards.
2. Nikon D90 DX has 12.3 megapixels, with 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens, 3 inch super-density 920,000 dot color LCD, and Nikon's exclusive Scene Recognition System contributes to 11-area autofocus performance.
3. Nikon D60 has 10.2 megapixels with AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G vibration reduction lens, 2.5 inch LCD screen, and Active Dust Reduction System with Airflow control to prevent your camera's performance from being affected by dust.
4. Canon EOS 50D with 15.1 megapixels, 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM standard zoom lens, Enhanced Live View shooting includes Face Detection Live mode, and new DIGIC 4 image processor for fine detail and superior color reproduction.
5. Nikon D80 has 10.2 megapixels, with 18-35mm AF-S DX zoom-Nikkor lens, and will produce quality poster-size photos with great color and clarity.
6. Canon EOS 40D has 10.0 megapixels, EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM standard zoom lens, 3 inch LCD monitor, and 6.5 frame-per-second continuous shooting.
7. Nikon D300 DX has 12.3 megapixels, 3 inch Live View LCD screen, 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX ED-IF Nikkor zoom lens, self-cleaning sensor unit, a new 51-point auto focus system, and in burst mode shoots 100 shots at full 12.3 megapixel resolution.
8. Olympus Evolt E-510 has 10 megapixels, 2.5 inch Live View HyperCrystal LCD display, Mechanical Image Stabilization with Supersonic Wave Drive technology, lightweight design, includes 14-42 f/3.5-5.6 and 40-150mm f/4.0-5.6 Zuiko lenses, and stores images on CF, Micro Drive, or xD picture cards.
9. Nikon D700 has 12.1 megapixels, wide sensitivity range, high-speed performance, EXPEED image processing, scene recognition system, and has the Nikon Control System which allows you to create the exact picture you have envisioned by making specific selections and adjustments to image sharpening, tone, and brightness.
10. Canon Rebel XS has 10.1 megapixels, with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens, DIGIC III image processor, 7-point wide-area autofocus, and 3 frames per second continuous JPEG burst rate.
Of course these are just a few of the great digital SLRs you can find, but this list contains many of the top brands. A few of the top brands for digital cameras include Kodak, Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Panasonic, and Sony. No matter what you are looking for in a camera you can find it and many brands with the current technology are very good.