The CPU is called as the brain of the computer and the processor is said to be the heart of a PC, no matter whether it is a laptop or a desktop. So getting a good configuration loaded laptop is essential and so the processor judging is said to be important. Basically, the PC world Intel and AMD are said to be the leaders in offering processors and in today's highly competitive laptop manufacturing, these two companies play a vital role in making the PC as a n highlight ion its own brand.
So, here are some basic features about the processors and the level at which they can be selectively branded.
Intel offers the following variants of processors.
- Intel Core i7- this type of processor is said to be a high end processor for the graphical and gaming performance lovers. Usually these draw more power and so the larger desktop replacement laptops use this processor in processing.
- Intel Core Duo- Intel Core duo processors work on low voltages and so are said to be must preferred in laptops. These processors are said to be low in performance when compared to others, but allow long battery life and also excellently establish themselves in laptops which have less space, cooling system is a bit low and the battery life is the key factor.
- Intel atom- Netbooks generally prefer these entry lever single core processors as they are made for simple tasking, web surfing and for office documents. However, game lovers usually deny these processors as they are not multitasking. However, the Intel brand is said to revamp the Intel Atom processors and is said to release in mid 2010.
- Intel Core 2 Quad- these processors are made for multitasking and multi applications. They are said to be a bit costly.
- Core 2 solo- Intel Core 2 Solo uses very low voltages and is a single core processor. These processors were made for ultra portable laptops and are preferable for small sizes and more battery size.
- Intel Pentium Dual Core- these processors are in great use these days as they perfect fit in big screen laptops easily and are compatible. They are multi tasking and also offer good value for money in performance.
- Intel Celeron- it is better to avoid Intel Celeron processors as they have a bit technical snags.