Are you wanting to learn a new language? Maybe you want to expand your language skills to help with future career prospects? Perhaps you just want to learn about of a different culture? or maybe you just enjoy learning, there are countless reasons why learning a new language online can be beneficial to you.
Why learn English?
There are countless reasons why you might want to consider learning to speak English as a second language;
- There are roughly 2,000,000,000 people in the world estimated to speak English.
- Another 1,000,000,000 in the process of learning.
- Roughly 50% of all content on the internet is in English.
- International business is always conducted in English, even where English is not the native language of the participants.
- English is the main language of organisations like the United Nations, NATO, European Free Trade Association and other diplomatic bodies.
- Media, The vast majority of the worlds Books, Television, Film & Entertainment programs are in English.
- English is internationally recognised as a common language, almost anywhere you go on holiday you will be able to communicate in English with people, almost any career can benefit from learning English as a second language, not to mention the benefits of learning about other cultures and people.
Why should students English?
As a student, there has never been a better time to learn English as a second language. The amount of English speakers worldwide is higher than ever, and learning English can be one of the best things you ever do for both your career and your personal life. Getting a head start in business without taking the time to learn English will be quite difficult in the upcoming years. Most online opportunities to learn English involve endless reading and research, throwing you into something you don't understand. With online webcam tutoring you can learn English at a pace designed to suit you, from a native speaker of the English language, with quick sessions via webcam designed to fit around your studies.
Many people find webcam tutoring to be an excellent way to learn a language at a pace that is designed to fit them, without being overloaded by a foreign language at a pace too fast. Often sessions like this can be scheduled to fit around your timetable, one hour a week would be a typical session length.
What to look for
There are usually two methods of learning English designed to suit your personal needs. One of the most popular methods these days is to learn via webcam sessions with a tutor, this is especially effective with overseas students who wish to expand their prospects by learning to speak English. Generally these last for 1-2hours a week, and a good tutor will be able to arrange more sessions to fit your schedule easily.
One to one sessions in person are also very effective, however they are more suited to people in the area local to the tutor due to travel arrangements.
What it involves
Beginners will start to learn all the different aspects to the English language such as grammar, vocabulary, dialogues and pronunciation. Several modules will be taught that are usually split into easily managed segments to ensure you have the best possible chance at learning English at a pace that suits you. Learning a foreign language can be quite difficult at the best of times, so being taught at a pace that suits you is important.
Some companies even have native speakers of languages other than the one being taught, which can be immensely helpful to foreign students trying to learn, but struggling in communicating with the tutor.