Keeping up with all the latest toys for 2010 is tough work. In order to help you cut through the clutter – and not rely on advertising – we are going to look at some of the best new toys for Christmas 2010. No matter what age your child is, there is likely to be something on this list that they are interested in.
Best New Toys for 2010
- Spin Master Air Hog RC helicopter – New RC helicopter that's smaller than ever. This is going to be for older children, but it's new and it's hot.
- Rubik's Slide – The classic is back, but updated and modern. This toy can actually help a child learn to solve problems. With no pieces, there's no taking it apart to cheat!
- Puppy Tweets – For those who are into Twitter and have a puppy, this is the perfect toy! This requires a WiFi network – and a puppy – but it's very cool for social network lovers.
- Puppet Robot – It's a robot. It's a puppet. It's Puppet Robot! More and more robots are coming out all the time. This is one of the most advanced toy robots yet.
- MyAmi AV bear – Cute stuffed animal that plays videos! The video quality will vary, but for smaller children who are easily distracted by cartoons, it can be a great gift!
- Marble Mania – Another classic is back with an updated and modern version. Children will have hours and hours of fun with this toy.
- iRoboti Cars – For kids who love robots, this is going to be enjoyed.
- Hot Wheels Flat RC – Tiny RC cars that boys of all ages are going to love.
- Pillow Pets – Not entirely new, but they're shaping up to be hotter than ever this year. It's a pillow, it's a pet, it's a Pillow Pet! The commercial is a classic.
- Sing-a-ma-jigs – Dolls that harmonize when put together! Furby's that sing? Hmmm. They're cheap enough that you can buy two to see how well they work together.
- Paper Jamz – Musical instruments made out of paper and touch technology. There's even a guitar shirt that actually plays music. Expect Paper Jamz to be on a lot of wish lists this year.
There are, of course, many other new toys being released this year, but these are some of the top toys of 2010. The most important thing to remember is that you want to get something that will be enjoyed for months to come and not end up forgotten in a closet before January is over.