When it comes to which machine for faxing is better, there are people who say that the laser machine is better. Then, there are some who will tell you that they prefer ink jet fax machines. Why would you choose one over the other? It all depends on your need. Let us look at laser fax machines vs. Ink jet fax machines.
With both the laser and Inkjet, there are many brands available in the market to choose from. While there are other types of these essential communication equipments, the laser and Inkjet are the most common ones. As you will shortly learn, each one of these very important devices has it advantages and disadvantages. Let's take a look at the differences below.
There are quite a few benefits with the Inkjet.
- One of those benefits is that it costs less than the laser.
- These are more suitable for faxing or receiving less that 30 faxes a day.
- They are perfect for home use or small business.
- They produce good quality prints.
- They tend to be less reliable than laser machines.
- The speed is a little slower.
- Some users experienced them to be unreliable in some instances.
However, if you do a large amount of faxing, then you will need a Laser.
- You get more printouts per cartridge – up to 5,000 pages.
- Perfect fit for large companies or fax services providers.
- Produce better quality printouts.
- They are much faster than the Ink jet models.
- They are more reliable and last longer.
- They are more expensive, but well worth the cost.
- They also tend to be more complicated than Inkjet fax machines and require technicians to troubleshoot.
Fax machines are very useful in office and home settings by businesses, people who work from home, and others for various purposes. The choice as to what you need though has to be yours and depends what it is needed for. Before committing to a specific brand, you should shop around and read reviews about which brands are most reliable and where you can find the best deals.