BlueHost is one of the popular hosting services along small business owners and bloggers. Hence the reason, I'm recommending Bluehost for people who want to create their website using WordPress.
Their last 12-month average uptime is >99.99% and load time 419ms. Surely a strong top 1 host.
BlueHost has 24/7 customer service available for any questions you may have regarding website setup. They're not cheap, though. Prices start at $2.75 per month, but they throw in a free domain name plus site migration for new accounts, too.
- PROS: Strong uptime and load time, free site transfer, free domain name, recommended by WordPress.org
- CONS: No option to pay monthly. (click to see if $2.75/mo discount is still valid)
- Click to see Bluehost uptime and page load time (last 12 months)
Pros and Cons of Bluehost
All web hosting companies have their pros and cons. Some you can live with, and some you cannot ignore.
Here are the pros and cons of Bluehost that we learned.
First, let's take a look at the advantages that make Bluehost the top choice.
- Pricing: Their hosting plans are well within the reach of most users, particularly those who are just starting out.
- Reliability: They power a large number of websites with minimum downtime.
- No hidden charges: There are no hidden fees when signing up for your account.
- Free domain: You get a free domain name for 1 year when you signup.
Bluehost is not without some disadvantages that you should be aware of before signing up.
- Higher domain renewal price Their free domain renewal price is higher than average.
- Upselling Add-ons: They have an aggressive upsell process during signup. But you can easily uncheck all the add-ons if you don't need them.
The most important performance metric that you should look for is the speed. It not only affects user experience on your site, but it also affects your WordPress SEO rankings.
Studies show that a 1-second drop in website speed can decrease your conversion rate by 7%. A 3-second delay can cost you 50% of your traffic.
Conclusion: Is Bluehost the Right Choice for You?
After reading this review you might be wondering if Bluehost is the right choice for your website?
Bluehost is often ranked #1 hosting company by many websites. They offer a wide range of hosting plans with tons of features that help you easily build your website.
All their hosting plans include expert 24/7 customer support from knowledgeable staff.
Most importantly, they offer affordable starter plans that fit any budget requirement.
If you are just starting out, then you cannot go wrong signing up for a Bluehost shared hosting plan. Its easy on your pocket, and comes with all the right tools. As your site grows you can easily upgrade your hosting plan accordingly.