We're living in a technological boom where every day we're learning about a new development. Sometimes you encounter a new technology which is more sophisticated and helps you get your work done faster and/or more efficiently. Technology is becoming more so as it is shown in the tech savvy fiction films where the machines have their own brains. Drones are a modern marvel that have impressed not only the military, but have also captured the imagination of the common people too.
There are many people who would like to buy a drone for themselves but these aerial vehicles come at a premium price. This is why you have to weigh various pros and cons before you get to the stage of buying a drone. You may like to have a reception party and capture those precious moments at angles and heights that look amazing. If you have money to spend then you could buy a drone for your personal usage. However, like most people, if your spending budget is low then it is better to rent a drone instead.
There are various companies in the market that offer drone rentals. When it comes to deciding upon buying or renting the drone, you must consider the pros and cons of both.
Drones are anticipated to have a wide variety of uses in the future but for now the use of drones is mostly used for photography, while few are using them for surveillance, inspections and survey and mapping purposes. So, if you are not a professional photographer who needs to use a drone frequently, you probably don't need to buy it. Simply renting the drone would be an ideal fit for you as it would allow you to use the drone when you have a need for it and then return it back when it has served its purpose.
Flying the Drone
Flying the drone is a major issue when deciding whether to buy or rent the drone. If you decide to buy the drone then you will have to learn about how to fly it too or it will not serve its purpose. However, renting the drone would spare you from having to learn anything about drone flying. The companies who rent these aerial vehicles will provide a pilot for you that will take over the flying duties. You would just have to tell the pilot what to do and he would deal with the rest.
Drones are aerial vehicles and thus require proper licensing before they can be used or flown in the air. Obtaining a license for a drone can be a very time consuming process. The companies renting the drone however have the required licenses and necessary paperwork for their equipment. So, you don't have to worry about the licensing one bit. You just pay the rent of the drone and can then use it freely.
The cost of the drone is a major factor to consider when buying it. If you do not want to indulge in drone racing or other drone sports then there is no point in buying this equipment as it will just sit in one corner of the house. Drone rentals on the other hand are a great option for all purposes. If you want to learn about flying a drone or just want to have a little fun with it then a rented drone could accomplish this without requiring you to spend big bucks. Thereafter if you feel that it is worth the purchase then you can buy the drone of your choice.
Purposes for Renting Drones
Drones can be rented for various purposes such as:
· If you are hiking and you want your photos and videos to be made from far then drones can be of help. Also if you want to take pictures of the high mountains and rugged terrains or just have a look at what is on the other end of a high peak, then drones are the only option you have.
· If you are planning on selling your house or property you will need to send good photos of your property to the contractor. With the help of a drone you can take endless pictures of the roof, the chimney, or the windows from any angle without the need for a ladder.
· Drones can even be used to keep an eye on your farm by giving you the bird's eye view of your land
· Drones can be rented to go for vacation where you can make aerial view videos of your own or you could just use the drone for the purpose of sightseeing.
· Drones can be used for sports photography as well.
Taking Care of Rented Drones
When you rent a drone, you must take care of the following things:
· The date you have fixed for your event or vacation is not a feasible one for the renting company so you must keep your dates and time flexible as this will ensure that you have photographs done the way you want them to be. Also, it is better to get the photography done in the mornings and evenings as this is the time when the sun is best for photography.
· You must know what kinds of shots you want. You should have a look at the similar projects online and make sure that you tell the photographer about the same.
· While taking photographs with a drone you must not forget to first make sure that the place is safe for flying with drone. You must not have trees and buildings as obstacles and neither should you fly them over people. Use common sense to make sure everybody on the ground is safe.
· You must be aware that the drones are of different qualities and that is going to affect the quality of your videos and photos. The DJI Phantoms are the cheapest, most available and most used drones, but for high end picture quality you will need the professional model or a high quality camera and that is going to cost you more.
· Also, it is important that you get the enhancements and corrections done in the photographs, because raw pictures and videos usually need editing.