Losing an important document or file is enough to rob us of a peaceful night's sleep. If we lose or are unable to access data due to a system crash or computer virus, it is time to invest in a strategic and affordable data recovery service. As opposed to prevention and backup, data recovery is a remedial measure. This process can reduce the danger of data loss to the lowest.
Data recovery services are comprehensive processes involved in recovering data from desktop drives, laptop drives, external drives, servers, RAID systems, Network Attached Storage devices (NAS), Storage Area Network devices (SAN), flash drives and camera media.
Scope of Data Recovery Services
There are various forms and repercussions of loss of data, so we divide the scope according to different symptoms:
- System problem: This is caused by the inability of logging into the system or the system shutting down and displaying an abnormal behavior. There are various reasons for this anomaly and we need to adopt suitable recovery methods. Reasons for such symptoms may be a lost or damaged file, bad track on the hard disk, MBR or DBR is lost or incorrect CMOS settings.
- Bad track on hard disk: Tracks can be either logical or physical. While logical tracks can be restored by data recovery software, physical track damage can be restored partially by changing the partition or sector. Proper backups must be done to ensure minimal physical damage.
- Partition problem: If a partition cannot be identified or accessed, or is rendered unformatted, suitable partition recovery services should be deployed.
- File loss:If important files are lost due to deletion, disk format or a clone error, file recovery services should be administered into the system to recover the lost files.
- File repair: For some reasons, some files cannot be accessed or used. Also they may contain some characters that make it inaccessible. In such cases, special file recovery tools should be used to restore the files.
Data Recovery Service Tips: Some Do's and Don'ts
Measures can be taken to minimize the blow when a computer failure happens. Understanding and recognizing the warning signals can make a significant difference for a successful data recovery operation.
- Backup essential data frequently.
- If there is some problem with the computer, shut it down without delay.
- If there is some unusual noise from the drive, power it down immediately.
- Proper caution must be taken when shipping the drive to a data recovery specialist. Additional damage can occur if the drive is poorly packaged.
- Do not assume that data recovery services are impossible. Even in the worst case scenario, data recovery specialists are usually able to retrieve important data.
- It is not advisable to tamper with the hard drive.
- The computer must be protected from all shocks and vibrations.
- We should not subject the drive to extreme temperature.
OffSiteBackups has a high success rate and one of the fastest turnaround times in the industry. Log on to the website for a wide range of data recovery services.